Thursday, 28 July 2016

Petronas Education Sponsorship Programme (PESP) Award 2016

For this entry, I'm going to write about my two days experience in Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP) located in Tronoh, Perak. It was the first time I ever set foot there and I'm there for PESP Award 2016 [duhh obviously]. Soooooooo lets start! (Another long post as usual heh hope i don't make you guys bored)



SAT 14th May 2016
  So I woke up wayyyyy to early that morning due to excitement i guess? haha anyway I'll be going to UTP by the bus PETRONAS provided. That morning around 87 students are taking the bus and the whole ride took about 3 hours from KLCC. Breakfast provided: bihun with fried egg and banana and of courseeeeee a mineral water (you'll be getting lots of these trust me). For some reason no one wants to sit with me in the bus probably bc everybody has a geng already sobs sobs. But a part of me is actually happy i got to sleep for the entire 3 hours hehehe. You'll need the sleep, rehearsals will drain all your energy by 5pm. Then, we registered at the counter, showed my IC and they gave a chip coin. Now this chip coin is EXTREMELY important and make sure you dont lose it, or you'll have to pay RM50 fine. Yup, no joke.. After that we proceed to the next counter to get our own tags, bus number, room number and table number for luncheon. and oh! They also gave us this hugeeee umbrella we had to carry around zzzz it ain't light.


We need to wear this tag all day long even when you're going on stage lol


And so yeah after registration whatsoever we had lunch. Then, we put our stuff and sit down according to our courses. Don't worry there'll be plenty of volunteers (last year recipients) and Petronas staffs will help you out. If you're a girl and taking MechEng like me, be prepared to sit around guys the entire event haha. My advice here, be friendly and have fun! You are here to celebrate your hardworks after all aight ;) Make sure to make new friends as they might be your classmates in the future. I'll skip the rehearsals part, it is just rehearsals for tomorrow event. They teach you how the chip system work, some cue for surprises, when you need to clap blah blah blah okay and next thing you know it's already 5:30pm! yay. We've been rehearsing all day, so it is supposed to be time to go to the hotel, right? right? WRONG! We still need to go through the Engagement Session with Nelly Francis. The session is not held in Chancellor Hall so we need to take the bus (according to your tags) to the Main Hall. PETRONAS staffs gave us a plastic with bread, a pear and water in it before entering the hall. The session is pretty much simple and straight-forward. If you have any questions to ask, this would be the perfect time. They also introduced to us all the people that will be taking in charge of all the students locally and overseas. Session lasted for about 1 hour and it's finally time for hotel.

  Our hotel are literally so far all the way back in Kampar (pretending i know Perak map) but still, it is far. Almost an hour ride from UTP. This time, I get to sit beside my roommate i met earlier at the hall. I was literally so tired and sleepy and tired I barely listen to our conversation haha. But she's super nice and friendly. Finally, a total of 7 bus arrived at the hotel, took our keys at the lobby and wahhhh the room is uhmazing, Thank you PETRONAS. I'm in a room with two other scholars and we are all malay. So after we got ourselves clean, we go iron baju bla bla bla and went to bed early. Big day tomorrow! Well, that's a lie, my roommates did go to bed early but i'm starving since i didnt eat my dinner so i asked a friend of mine (which happens to be on the same floor) to buy me mcd nuggets. The waiting for food is torture bc i can barely open my eyes but im starving in the same time haha. But hey, I finally got my food and went to bed around 11:30pm. Shout out to the delivery guy (my friend) even tho he ate half the bbq sauce smh


The delivery guy: 
Basically the only person i actually know out of 200+ recipients tht day

Edited: His name is Syameer, he's gay and available. Yup this is requested hahaha



SUN 15th May 2016
   Yayyyy the big day is finally here! We woke up pretty dang early that morning (obv duhhh girl took forever to get ready) and we had breakfast at the hotel before checking out. Since the hotel is so far away from UTP we got on the bus as early as 7 in the morning, yup, SEVEN AM. Fortunately I am a morning person, jk im not, who took breakfast before seven?!?!?! Nvm, moving on, as soon as we arrived, we were rushed to put all of our luggage in a room before taking a sit in the hall. Istg we were all running frantically to our seat thinking we were late but then we had to wait like almost 2 hours before the actual event starts smh.

 So the event start with welcoming all the VVIP and parents and then we sang the National Anthem and PETRONAS Song. After doa recital, there's a typical 'keynote-lah-sangat' speeches from two VVIPs and its's finally time for award presentation. Since there are LOTS of recipients that day, we were literally running all over the place haha even the staffs asked us to walk faster on stage. So as you can guess, we were on stage less than 30 seconds? lol but afraid not, they have your face and name and courses on the huge screen afterall (so embarassing). To close the event, there's a speech from a representative among the scholars named Farhana from KYS (she happens to be going to ktj with me later). The speech got at least half the hall crying, her story is so personal and obviously im weak, ofc i cried. Before we can finally dismiss for lunch, we had a photography session with the VVIPs on stage, such a fun way to wrap it all up.


as usual malaysian are never on time 



The luncheon is good 
(everyone on the table is so friendly even added us to a whatsapp group)


Roommates!


nope not kidding when i said the screen is huge



  Sooooooo yeah that's it for my entry this time heh. I'm such a bad blogger meh sorry I'm still new at this, I be writing a post about an event that happened 2 months ago LOL I promise to try be a more responsible blogger haha. Not to forget, thank you to PETRONAS for this award ceremony, it was wonderful!

Quick update: I'm now two weeks away from registering into KTJ. All the other scholars (Taylors, UTP, KYUEM) already registered and even started classes heh so basically we are the last one lol. I promise to write an entry on life at KTJ but i cant promise when hehe (it could be next year tho HAHA). Wish me luck for A-Levels!




2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you're not a responsible blogger, it's been over 2 months. ���� I'm just kidding, I know you're busy. Good luck with your A-levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing you're not a responsible blogger, it's been over 2 months. ���� I'm just kidding, I know you're busy. Good luck with your A-levels.

    ReplyDelete